Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Margaret's First Communion

I remember my First Communion like it was yesterday. I just loved my country-inspired dress with pretty buttons and lace, and Mom made me a white flowered headband to wear with it. Memere and Pepere got me a pink rosary and I wore the cross necklace that my Grandpa had bought me when I was just a baby. Becky wore a little blue print Easter dress with a big white hat. (Don't ask...she was in a real hat phase...but she looked so cute!) It was so special for me to be able to capture our friend Margaret in her own First Communion dress last Saturday afternoon. Seeing her whole family dressed in their Sunday best, Caroline in her own blue print dress (which was awesome for twirling!), brought back so many memories for me. And, as always, we just had a blast with these guys. It's been two years, unbelievably enough, since Mike and I played with Margaret, Caroline and Andrew in Lincoln Park, climbing trees and romping around like the VonTrapp kids. I can't believe how much everyone has grown...especially Andrew, who was just full of fantastic ideas for pictures. The sidewalk quickly turned into a runway and we couldn't stop our giggling fits. Thanks so much for a great afternoon, Janet and Matt, and congratulations on your First Communion, Margaret!





















No comments: