Friday, April 29, 2011

Royally Fascinated

I don't know when it happened, but I have become what my sister, Becky, likes to call a "movie crier." Meaning I don't hesitate to get all teary-eyed at even the sappiest parts of any cheesy chick flick. And it doesn't stop there. Last night, I struggled to hide a little sob when Meredith showed Derek the "I'm Richard. Richard's your husband" Alzheimer's post-it note on Grey's. (Poor Adele!) A few commercials have even gotten me in the past. What can I say? Those rescue pups on the Pedigree "We're For Dogs" spots just look so happy! To add insult to injury, I also cry at every wedding I photograph and am known to grow quite misty-eyed while editing sessions that contain adorable newborns and their incredibly delighted parents. Don't even talk to me when grandparents are involved. Gosh, I'm sniffling right now, just thinking about moments like that. Yes, friends, it's true: I've become a raging sap.

So is it a huge surprise that I spent the first few hours of my day today sitting on the couch with tears running down my face, watching the footage of Wills and Kate walking down the aisle of Westminster Abbey? Nope. Not at all. I, like the rest of the TV-watching world, have been royally sucked into the media frenzy surrounding these two fascinating lovebirds. I'm captivated. Finally something happy on the news. And hopeful. And beautiful. And real. Loved it. Loved every tearful moment.

Gold Stars this week go to:

*The Princess Bride: You rocked it out, Kate. Just perfect.

*Muscles I Didn't Know I Had: I finally worked up the courage to attend my first "sculpting" class as my gym on Wednesday. That. Was. Brutal. Having trouble moving from the neck down today. I think my grand workout gesture definitely calls for a celebratory plate of nachos tonight!

*Rain, Rain, Go Away: Wait. What's that outside? Could it be...the sun?! For the first time all week, Dorey and I made it through two walks without coming home drenched. There are buds on the trees and it's getting all green around here...Spring has officially sprung in Chicagoland. And Dorey, for one, is very excited.

2 comments:

Medge said...

Love the shot of Dorey at the park. William and Kate missed the boat not hiring JSP to shoot their wedding though!

Medge

Neda B. said...

LOL! I obsessed over it a little too- but not as much as my mom who woke up at 4am to watch it!! Hilarious- and I love this picture of Dorey- she looks so small!!!