Friday, April 8, 2011

A Pox On Our House

First it was Mike with a stuffy nose. Then it was me with an earache and sore throat. Now even Dorey has jumped on the Spring cold bandwagon and has thrown up all over my dining room rug. (Because why would she ever think to aim for wood floor when she has two whole rugs to make grody?) We've been a sad, sniffley, ridiculous little family for the past few weeks, and I, for one, am sick of being sick. It's time to take a stand against this nasty bug. No more red, raw noses. No more limping off to the CVS, looking like a scrub, to pathetically beg for yet more 12-hour Sudafed. No more cancelling fun plans to instead sit on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, moaning and feeling sorry for ourselves. And certainly no more puking on my good rugs!

Since that was literally how my week went, as you can imagine, finding the bright points wasn't an easy task. But here goes, anyway...my gold stars this week:

*The justification of hours and hours of TV watching: I am now officially addicted to The Tudors and Bethenny Ever After. I know, a strange combo. But when else would I have had the chance to catch up on the entertaining antics of both Henry VIII and Bethenny Frankel?

*Perspective: Funny how we never stop to think about how crucial breathing is to our every day activities until you're all stuffed up and your face feels all swollen and you've been reduced to talking like a Muppet.

*Good Company: Who wouldn't want the chance to spend an afternoon cuddling with this cutie?

3 comments:

Medge said...

Bravo! Even when you don't feel well, you still manage to be very funny! Feel better soon everyone!

Medger

Becky said...

Feel better soon! Sleeping Dor-Dor is the cutest!

Neda B. said...

Awww! Didn't realize you guys were all sick- I hope you are feeling better and still planning to come tonight!!!!