Thursday, September 22, 2011

Landon

Don't be fooled by all the sweet smiles and cuddly moments. Family photo shoots are not for the weak. They're tough work, man. My moms carefully plan for every detail of every session...laying out the perfect outfits for their families, choosing the perfect location. They have a vision and I love it when everything comes together and the photos are just what they had in mind.

But sometimes...it rains. Like, all day and just doesn't let up. That's what happened last Wednesday when I was supposed to meet Lisa, Chris and little Landon for a fun session downtown in Millennium Park and by the harbor. Mike and I had the pleasure of shooting Lisa and Chris's wedding last December and I had been looking forward to taking their first family photos for weeks. That's why I was so glad that Lisa, Chris and Landon didn't let the drizzle stop them. No sir...we took advantage of a beautiful overcast sky, ignored the rain, and, well...I shot as fast as I could so these three wouldn't get soggy. They were photo shoot warriors. It was great seeing you guys again! Thanks for sticking it out with me in the rain.














1 comment:

Lisa @ Mumma's Corner said...

Beautiful work Jen!
(can't even tell it was raining! ;))