Monday, October 18, 2010

One Happy Place

Mike and I recently returned from a trip to Aruba where they have a popular saying: "Mi Dushi." It means my precious or darling. As we laid on the beach every day under a palapa, trying to relax, soak in the sun and absorb as much of the island calm as possible, we couldn't help but reflect on everything precious to us. We have had a big year of ups and downs: a great new job for Mike, a trip to London and Paris, a beautiful new home, the loss of our beloved little cat, the addition of our sweet dog and now being able to while away entire days just floating on amazing green-blue water in the Caribbean.

One constant for us has been JSP. Our business continues to be the biggest surprise of our lives...such a blessing for us and a major source of happiness. An outlet we can share together...a chance to explore the city we love and meet amazing people, make new friends, every weekend. To capture meaningful moments in people's lives and help preserve them as fond memories forever. Stepping away from the hecticness of our lives for a week...untangling ourselves from both of our day jobs and Mike's MBA program and photo editing and Dorey duty...it became clear to us that now was the time for the change we had only talked of as a dream. As the future. It was time to take the business to the next level.

So, as many of you may aready know, I am pleased to announced that I am now a full time photographer and that JSP can now accommodate week day sessions. It's been two weeks, and I still wake up every morning like a kid on Christmas. Every. Morning. Aruba is known as "One Happy Island," and now I am just so thrilled that I can continue that happiness into my every day life.

A big thank you to our clients who continue to make this the best gig known to mankind. You guys are the best and I can't wait to work with you in an even bigger way in the future.

We've got some really great stuff to share with you coming up and we've already had a great demand for weekday sessions. I still still have spots available in October and November...right in time to accommodate more holiday card sessions! Contact me if you are interested, because let me tell you there is definitely something to be said of taking a half day to spend some quality time with your family while enjoying the amazing fall weather and hitting up popular Chicago destinations sans the weekend crowd!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hooray! I'm still so happy for you. Congratulations!