Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bonnie and Joe at the Art Institute

I have always, always, ALWAYS wanted to do an engagement session at the Art Institute. (Did I stress enough how big of a dream this was for me? Just to be sure...I have ALWAYS wanted to shoot at the Art Institute.) It's one of my favorite places in Chicago, not only for the abundance of amazing art it houses but for its incredible architecture, as well. One of my best friends claims it as her "happy place," and I tend to agree. You can just lose yourself, and all your worries, wandering around that place.

I was lucky enough, last Sunday, to find the two perfect people to fulfill my dream. Actually, they found me, and I am so incredibly glad they did. Bonnie and Joe were engaged in Amsterdam about two weeks ago, and they, in every way, live up to just how cool that is. They're both really into art and since they first met on the steps of the Modern Art Wing years ago (sigh, that just sets my heart aflutter), the museum was a no-brainer backdrop for their engagement photos. It's safe to say we had an absolute blast. Thanks to the big Bears game, which started at the same time as our session, we had the place to ourselves. It. Was. Magical. By the end of it, we all felt like long lost friends. Bonnie and Joe, thanks for a great time. We wish you every happiness and all the best as you start to plan your wedding and the rest of your life together.

























No comments: