Friday, November 6, 2009

Ode to my guy

As JSP’s first year is coming to a close, I can’t help but smile and think about what a giant leap of faith this adventure has been. Deep down, I’m not a confident person. How did my staggering self-criticisms and insecurities not choke this venture before it even began? How was I not paralyzed by fear and doubt? One reason: I was never in this alone. Mike always had my back. He never doubted me or this idea I had to start fresh, a brand new take on my life. And likewise I knew, without doubt, that if he was with me, everything was going to turn out OK. And, man…has it ever.

Mike…thank you. You’re the core of this crazy and beautiful thing we’re building and I couldn’t do any of it without you. I wouldn’t want to.

And, folks, bet you didn’t know that aside from being a crazy good photographer, Mike also rocks it out as a top model! Thought this was a good excuse to post a few portraits I took of Mike as an assignment for a recent class (and, I am sure, add to his embarrassment even more!).



1 comment:

J Langner said...

Why only two pics?! We want more of Mike!!! Very nice tribute to your second shot, and partner in this venture.